Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sundays are busy days

Sundays are busy days. Church in the morning and early evening take a chunk and I also like to prepare some food, both for today and for the busy days in the upcoming week.

Today, I'm going to cook a prime rib the Alton Brown method, in a clay pot. It's my favorite way to make prime rib. The roast will develop a nice crust on the exterior, yet the medium rare level and be achieved, too. We don't have prime rib often (usually only at Christmas), but it was on sale, marked down even, and was too good a deal to pass up.

What would be good with it? I'm thinking roasted asparagus and maybe potatoes. While that's roasting I'm going to make some Swiss Steak and a chicken casserole. The upcoming week's dinners will be a snap to put on the table when I get in from work.

Do you plan or prepare foods ahead? What a timesaver!

No comments:

Post a Comment